What’s new on the November 2 poll in Pflugerville + New COVID vaccine site
Rise and shine, North Austin-Pflugerville! It’s me again, Meagan Falcon.
Let’s start this Tuesday by giving you the details of what’s happening in town today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Mainly cloudy with thunderstorms forecast in the forecast. High: 88 Low: 74.
What’s in the forecast this week:
The remnants of what is currently Tropical Storm Pamela in the Pacific are expected to pass through the central Texas area on Wednesday and Thursday. This will bring a high risk of downpours and storms to the region, which could impact areas that are easily flooded.
Here are the best stories in North Austin-Pflugerville today:
- See what’s on the November 2 vote in Pflugerville. (North Austin-Pflugerville Patch)
- Tesla has already created 5,000 new jobs in Austin in 2021, the most of any company. Here is what it means. (Teslarati)
- The the average monthly rent in Austin is now $ 1,500. Prices are rising at the fastest rate on record. Here is the story. (Texas Standard)
- Austin Public Health hosts a COVID-19 vaccination center in Pflugerville. (North Austin-Pflugerville Patch)
- 54th Street Restaurant and Raffle House in Pflugerville plans to open in January 2022. (Community impact journal)
Today’s North Austin-Pflugerville Daily is brought to you by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring to help shake up local news in North Austin-Pflugerville!
North Austin-Pflugerville Notebook
- Pflugerville Live Pets: âLICK OR TREAT !!!! Phoebe is the name and eating treats is my favorite game. I’m a four month old adoptable mixed breed puppy who loves hanging out with cool humans. Maybe you can bring me back. home and teach me stuff? ” (Facebook)
- Pflugerville Region Youth Soccer League: “This week’s Team of the Week is dedicated to Aaliyah Martinez, a beautiful young player from the 05G Blue team who we unfortunately lost last week.” (Facebook)
- Municipal Government of Pflugerville, Texas: âIt’s almost time for Deutschen Pfest! As you prepare for this weekend, be sure to visit our website deutschenpfest.com for all the information you need to have a pfun weekend. A few reminders: The Pfluger Park will not be open on Sundays. “(Facebook)
- Pflugerville ISD: “Our Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Doug Killian, talks about the ‘golden cents’ and the upcoming election tax rate approved by voters:” (Facebook)
- Pflugerville Library: âThis Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month we will feature books for all ages! Today we recommend Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras.â (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are all taken for today! See you soon. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Your friendly neighborhood journalist,
Meagan covers local news for Patch in downtown Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander and Pflugerville.
About Meagan: I was born and raised in Corpus Christi and spent three years covering the latest news and things to do in South Texas before moving to the Austin subway. When I’m not reporting the news, I’m reading a good book, tending to my garden, and spending time with my puppy.I’m new to the green thumb, so if you all have any gardening tips I’d love to.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Austin Daily? contact me at email@example.com.
Quote of the day:
“The smallest action is better than the greatest intention.” – John burroughs