Several venues in Solano County host live music, theater
FAIRFIELD – The Solano County arts scene continues to provide top notch live entertainment.
The Fairfield Center for the Creative Arts is home to a new series from promoter Jeff Trager, who said he hopes to alternate months between music and comedy in 2016.
The Vacaville Performing Arts Theater launches its new season on October 10 with the Wilson Phillips trio, who just celebrated their 25th anniversary.
The Missouri Street Theater, Bay Area Stage, Solano Repertory Company and Solano College Theater continue to bring classics such as “Mary Poppins” and “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” to the stage.
The Rats, an improv group that performed under the nickname The Rats in the Alley, are back and performing in and around Solano County.
Papa Roach from Vacaville returned home for a video shoot at the DeVille Theater and a concert a few months later.
The Harbor Theater in Suisun City will soon be under the direction of the Creative Arts Council, which has among its members David Rodgers Jr. of the famous Starbound Theater.
The Solano Community College theater is undergoing a massive renovation.
A variety of music can be found in local theaters and clubs. The Solano Winds and the Solano Symphony both perform in Fairfield.
The symphony opens its 29th season at the Kroc Center in Suisun City in October. The symphony also performs at the Vacaville Performing Arts Theater.
The theme for the 21st Solano Winds season is We Are a Community. The first concert is in October.
The Vacaville Jazz Society continues its mission of educating young people and hosting an annual jazz festival that caught the attention of Wynton Marsalis a few years ago.
Contact Amy Maginnis-Honey at 427-6957 or [emailÂ protected] Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/amaginnisdr.
Everyone is a stage
Here are some of the places to find comedy, theater productions, and music.
- Bay Area Stage Productions: Call 649-1053 or visit www.bayareeastage.org.
- Benicia old town theater group: Call 746-1269 or visit www.beniciaoldtowntheatregroup.com.
- J&S Center for the Performing Arts: Call 449-1200 or visit www.jandscenter.com.
- Mira Theater Guild: Call 649-1053 or visit www.miratheatreguild.org.
- Missouri Street Theater: Call 422-1598 or visit www.missouristreettheatre.com.
- Solano Choral Society: Call 864-7000, ext. 4472 or visit www.solanochoralsociety.org.
- Solano College Theater: www.solano.edu/thÃ©Ã¢tre.
- Solano Directory Company: Call 422-1598 or visit www.solanorep.com.
- Solano Symphony: Visit www.solanosymphony.org.
- Winds of Solano: Call 425-1172 or visit www.solanowinds.org.
- Star-bound theater: www.starboundtheatre.com.
- Solano Youth Theater / Conservatory of Music for Young Artists: Call 451-7200 or www.solanoyouththeater.com.
- Vacaville Gaslighters Theater Group: www.vacavillegaslighters.com.
- Vacaville Jazz Society: Call 452-1351 or visit www.wtheamo.net.
- Vallejo Choral Society: Call 751-0420 or visit www.vallejochoral.org.
- Vallejo Jazz Society: www.vallejojazzsociety.com.
- Vallejo Symphony Orchestra: Call 643-4441 or visit www.vallejosymphony.org.
Here are the live theaters from the region.
- Bay Terrace Theater: 51 avenue Daniels, Vallejo. www.miratheterguild.org.
- BDES room: 140 W. J St., Benicia. www.beniciaholyghost.org/index.html.
- Fairfield Center for the Creative Arts: 1035 Texas St. www.downtowntheatre.com.
- Theater of the Empress: 330 Virginia Street, Vallejo. www.empresstheatre.org.
- Port theater: 720 Main Street, Town of Suisun. 864-7100.
- J&S Center for the Performing Arts: 330 rue Cernon, Vacaville. www.jandscenter.com.
- Kroc Center: 586 E. Wigeon Way, Town of Suisun. www.gokroc.org
- Missouri Street Theater: 1125 Missouri Street, Suite. Fairfield. www.missouristreetheatre.
- Solano Community College Theater: 4000, chemin Suisun Valley, Fairfield. www.solano.edu/thÃ©Ã¢tre.
- DeVille Theater: 308 Main Street, Vacaville. www.devillevacaville.com
- Vacaville performing arts theater: 1010 Ulatis promenade. www.vpat.net.