Mark C. Smith Concert Hall Upgrades, Broadway Theater League Announces 2021-2022 Show Lineup
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) – After more than a year of theaters and concert halls around the world having to adapt or even close, it’s finally showtime!
On Wednesday, local leaders and representatives of the Von Braun Center in Huntsville unveiled the new and improved Mark C. Smith Concert Hall.
Upgrades cost $380,000. But, those behind the planning say it was a good investment. The upholstery has been deep cleaned, the carpet has been replaced and the saloon has a brand new rigging system.
Samantha Nielsen, marketing manager for the Von Braun Center, said all of the upgrades are aimed at creating a better viewing experience and bringing bigger shows to Rocket City.
“Additions and improvements to the rigging system allow the VBC to attract elaborate traveling shows to the Huntsville market,” says Nielson.
“Previously, we would not have considered our site a viable option. With these upgrades, the Broadway Theater League can utilize the upgraded steel rigging system for future high demand show solicitations.
The VBC partner Broadway Theater League also announced its upcoming lineup.
You can see the full 2021-2022 lineup below:
- ARTRAGEOUS: August 26-29, 2021
- HOT PEAS AND BUTTER: September 8, 2021
- ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE: November 5-7, 2021
- SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE! : November 17-18, 2021
- OKLAHOMA! : from December 2 to 5, 2021
- AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN: January 14-16, 2022
- THE CHORUS OF MAN: January 25, 2022
- CATS: January 28-30, 2022
- THE SIMON & GARFUNKEL STORY: February 2, 2022
- INNOVATION NATION LIVE! : February 16, 2022
- BLUE MAN GROUP: March 4-6, 2022
- HAIRSPRAY: April 4-6, 2022
- RAIN: April 12, 2022
All opening weekend tickets are free to thank frontline workers who have helped the community through the pandemic.
You can purchase season passes now, linked here.
Copyright 2021 WAFF. All rights reserved.