From classics to contemporary remixes
The musical ode Elvis pays homage to legendary performer Elvis Presley through the lens of his longtime manager, Colonel Tom Parker. Since then, it has garnered rave reviews from connoisseurs, fans and critics for its moving performances and distinctive soundtrack.
The 2022 Elvis The film follows Elvis Presley, played by Austin Butler, as he is taken under the wing of his manager, Colonel Tom Parker, played by Oscar-winning actor Tom Hanks, by visionary Oscar-nominated filmmaker Baz Luhrmann. The film chronicles the pop culture icon’s rise from carnival singer to king of rock ‘n’ roll to Las Vegas performer, delving into the complicated relationship with his enigmatic manager.
During an exclusive interview with RadioTimes.comLuhrmann revealed a four-hour version of Elvis is available with it which includes a ton of priceless material and uncut footage that was not included in the final theatrically released print. He also revealed that for writing the screenplay, Shakespeare’s approach had been a major influence on him, stating that the film was not really a biopic in the traditional sense. “The way Shakespeare takes historical figures and makes a bigger point”, he explained, before pointing out why he presented the film from the point of view of Colonel Tom Parker.
Baz Luhrmann is a renowned Hollywood director known for his usual and innovative soundtracks in his productions. Elvis puts a twist on the original classics with Elvis Presley remixes and new songs, creating an impressive and stunning soundtrack.
If you’re a music buff like us, you won’t want to miss this biopic, especially since the film’s soundtrack serves as the massive foundation for the ultimate epic tribute to the king of rock ‘n’ roll. It’ll have you dancing in no time to those timeless exemplary Elvis Presley tunes, plus contemporary fusions and remixes featuring an array of modern mega artists such as Doja Cat, Kacey Musgraves, Eminem and more. others.
The Elvis The soundtrack features a variety of contemporary artists fusing old-school rock with their signature modern twists, creating new tunes. I bet you never imagined Doja Cat and Swae Lee and Diplo sampling Presley’s recordings of “Hound Dog” and “That’s All Right” for their new songs “Vegas” and “Tupelo Shuffle” respectively. Eminem and CeeLo Green also joined forces for “The King and I,” country queen Kacey Musgraves extended her velvety vocals for “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” and Stevie Nicks and Chris Isaak sang “Cotton Candyland”.
Check full soundtrack below:
- “Suspicious Minds (Vocal Intro)” by Elvis Presley
- “Also Sprach Zarathustra / An American Trilogy” by Elvis Presley
- “Vegas” by Doja Cat
- “The King and I” by Eminem and CeeLo Green
- “Tupelo Shuffle” by Swae Lee and Diplo
- “I Got a Feeling in My Body” by Elvis Presley and Stuart Price
- “Craw Fever” by Elvis Presley
- “Don’t Fly Away (PNAU Remix)” by Elvis Presley and PNAU
- “I Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Kacey Musgraves
- “Product of the Ghetto” by Elvis Presley and Nardo Wick
- “If I Can Dream” by Måneskin
- “Cotton Candy Land” by Stevie Nicks and Chris Isaak
- “Baby, Let’s Play House” by Austin Butler
- “I’m Coming Home (Film Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “Hunting Dog” by Shonka Dukureh
- “Tutti Frutti” – The Greenes
- “Strange Things Happen Every Day” door Yola
- Austin Butler’s “Hound Dog”
- “Let It All Linger” by Denzel Curry
- Austin Butler’s “Trouble”
- “I Have a Feeling in My Body” by Lenesha Randolph
- “Edge of Reality (Tame Impala Remix)” by Elvis Presley and Tame Impala
- “Summer Kisses / In My Body” by Elvis Presley
- “’68 Comeback Special (Medley)” door Elvis Presley
- “Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child” by Jazmine Sullivan
- “If I Can Dream (Stereo Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “Any Day Now” by Elvis Presley
- “The Power of My Love” by Elvis Presley and Jack White
- “Vegas Rehearsal / That’s All Right” by Austin Butler and Elvis Presley
- “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis Presley
- “Polk Salad Annie (Film Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “Burning Love (Film Mix)” by Elvis Presley
- “It’s Only Love” by Elvis Presley
- Paravi’s “Suspicious Minds”
- “In the Ghetto (World Turns Remix)” by Elvis Presley feat. Nardo Wick
- “Unchained Melody (Live at Ann Arbor, MI)” door Elvis Presley
You can now testify Elvis’ an ingenious soundtrack and stunning cinematic performances in the world! A film by Baz Luhrmann Elvisdistributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, airs in North America from June 24, 2022 and internationally from June 22, 2022.
Share your thoughts with us on Twitter at @CelebMix!