🌱 $1 Corn Dogs on National Corn Dog Day + Visit AmptUp at SXSW
Hey, neighbors! It’s me again, Gabriela Couvillion, your host of the Austin Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sunny, pleasant and warm. High: 83 Low: 53.
Here are today’s top stories in Austin:
- Saturday, March 19 is National Corn Dog Day and in celebration, “Lightlife, a leading provider of certified vegan and non-GMO plant-based protein products,” and the food service establishment Corn Dog Guy will be selling corn dogs. classic corn for $1 in Austin. Corn Dog Guy representatives said, “Our food truck is all about offering something appealing and ready-to-use and Lightlife helps us achieve that with an alternative protein that comes from simple, plant-based ingredients that tastes good.” The $1 hot dogs will only be available in person at The Corn Dog Guy Food Truck, located at The Ballroom at Spider House at 2906 Fruth St. For more information about Lightlife, visit www.lightlife.com and to check out The Corn Dog Dude, go to www.thecorndogguy.com. More details on the event on: (VEGWORLD Magazine)
- A new booking platform called AmptUp “joined Austin Texas Musicians at a launch event” on Monday, March 14 at South by Southwest (SXSW) in Austin. The new platform “works to help independent artists, women, and people of color succeed” by “making it easier to book and pay for musicians” and working to “level the playing field so that musicians of color, women, LGBTQIA+ and musicians with disabilities have a better chance on stage.” This week, “independent artists and venue owners can connect with AmptUp” during SXSW. Click here for more information on AmptUp and visit: (KEYE TV CBS Austin)
- Bobby Cannavale and Rose Byrne were at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema South Lamar in Austin on Sunday, March 13. The celebrities were on a date to attend the premiere of “Seriously Red” during the SXSW Conference and Festivals event at the cinema. For this and more celebrity info at SXSW 2022 Tour: (Wonderwall)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts? (CNET reviewers called the new system, known as Ring Alarm Pro, “a giant leap forward for home security.”) So why the kudos?
In a nutshell: Ring Alarm Pro can protect your home online and offline. It includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router to help you get reliable physical and digital security in one innovative device. Now you can help protect your home with all the benefits of the Ring Alarm, to keep your home safe and secure, while enjoying fast and reliable connectivity.
To learn more about the system CNET called “the future of home security” or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Austin:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- FREE WEBINAR | Saints, symbols and spaghetti (March 18)
- Children’s Zoo Parking Lot Party with Goldfish Swim School – Northwest Hills (March 19)
- Virtual Medicare 101 with Sid Martinez (March 22)
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes Alert Day: Understand Your Risk (March 22)
- Add your event
Do you like Austin Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
All right, all is well for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Gabriela Couvillion
About me: I am a working mother of two adult sons and a lifelong resident of San Antonio. I received a BA in Spanish from the University of Texas at San Antonio, and in my free time I immerse myself in creative writing. Thanks for reading Patch, and please let us know if you have any news and events that our readers might enjoy!